The Voices in My Head

So what have I been up to since my last update? Writing and working, of course, what else? I think I'm finally getting the hang of my new work hours (nearly three months after starting it) and that's allowing me to figure out a proper writing schedule. This is good because I have big plans for this year in regards to what I'm kicking out of the writing folder and with fingers crossed I will be sharing most of them with the world.

Since my last post I sold my first story of 2016, another gay romance short to JMS books. It's a naughty piece.

My first zombie romance was finished and sent off. Waiting anxiously to hear whether or not they liked it. Should the publisher (they actually bought a previous story) take this piece it will be the most I've ever been paid for a single story. Besides, I absolutely adore this piece. Hey! I'm getting to like my own writing more and more. Is that a good sign?

Right now I'm trying to finish the rewrite of my novella, The Christmas Foal, and I planned to have it done this weekend. Alas, it didn't quite work out that way. My new writing schedule has me moving on to another piece tomorrow so I'll see if I can get through that fast and return to the novella on Wednesday to see it finished. The way I have things planned is tight but I need to stop slacking off and get these pieces done or I never will. No more excuses.

Oh! I got a mighty fine surprise in the mail on Friday. This came in:

How exciting! This is an upcoming anthology that features a touching sweet story by yours truly. I wasn't expecting to get it in print. Perhaps I should have done a better job of reading the contract.

And maybe I'm a little biased but I love these three books.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Opportunities, Renewed Determination

Goodbye January, Hello February

Brief Word Count