Welcome 2016!

My first post of the new year! Welcome to 2016! And we all know what happens with a new year, right? Goals, lots and lots of goals. Though I've thought of a few non-writing related goals I do have an extensive list related to my favorite hobby. Honestly, I think I get carried away and come up with far more than I am capable of getting done, but isn't the whole point to challenge myself to try harder?

In 2015 my writing picked up exponentially. I managed to send 13 stories out into the world thanks to some awesome publishers. Yay! For so long I fretted that I wouldn't even get 1 story published and I am extremely pleased with where I am now. This is only the beginning!

So here is my crazy list of goals for 2016. I hope I get to check off as many of them as possible.


  1. Write More
    I will be keeping a monthly tally of how many words I do each month. This is something I've always wanted to do just out of curiosity.
  2. Publish More
    My control over this is non-existent! But I'm hoping that the more stories I get sent out the higher my chances of beating the 13 stories published in 2015.
  3. Write 52 Stories
    Does that sound ridiculously crazy? I know, that's a story a week basically. However, I do write a great deal of short stories that range around 3,000 words. They're quick and easy. And on that note I've already got 2 done. Yay!
  4. Two Months = One Novel
    Yes, I just get crazier. I am not going to accomplish the writing career I want just by writing short stories so I need to get some of my longer projects done. Because most of my novel ideas have been planned out over and over again I feel like I can get some of them written up quickly. The first will be a romance piece titled Leaving Hoof Prints.
  5. Two Months = One Novella
    Yep, I also want to get one novella done every two months. So...multiple short stories, a novel and a novella over a (roughly) 60 day period. This could be interesting.
  6. Publish 1 Story in Another Genre
    As much as I love writing romance it's really no secret to my friends and family that my real passion lies in urban fantasy and mysteries (starting to get into sci-fi, too). I would really like to tick this one off my list this year.
  7. Publish My First Novel
    2016 is going to be all about the year I publish my first trade paperback. Yes, I'm old school. It would be easy enough for me to sell my romance novel (once it's finished) to a current publisher but I want to land a literary agent and have them sell it to a big publisher.
Hm. There may be more, however, this is all I can think of for now. Perhaps the list is plenty long enough. Either way, 2016 is going to be a very intensely focused year with my writing. Things are going to happen! Join me for the journey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Opportunities, Renewed Determination

Goodbye January, Hello February

A New Year, Some New Goals